Wednesday, January 22, 2014

CASTING OSB BEFORE SWINE

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


This is a true storey. The other day I was having a coffee break at a café near my shop. I was sitting outside on the patio. A middle aged couple sat down at a table nearby. As the woman was putting down her coffee and pulling up a chair she remarked to her male companion “this is such a nice café, I love what they’ve done with the tables and counter tops, I think it’s a kind of Birdseye Maple”.

The table tops and counters are in fact made from a type of OSB, a low cost panel often used as sheathing, with a lumpy thick layer of glossy epoxy resin pored over them.

The image at the top is an actual table top. The image at the bottom is real Birdseye Maple.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment