Monday, March 3, 2014

2010 Mere Mortals recap

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to take some time to thank you all for watching my videos and following this blog over the past year. This is my final video for the year: number 49. Wow. I really had no idea I shot that many.

From Laney Shaughnessy
I started all this nonsense back in 2008 when I decided to shoot a video as I was making a chess board. It took a while for me to figure out that there was a large disconnect between guys making woodworking videos and the average guy who has no intention of reproducing authentic 18th century cabinets. I have no doubt that many of my viewers are perfectly capable of that level of woodworking; you guys are great and I learn a lot from you, but there are a large number of us who have regular jobs and view woodworking as a relaxing way to spend our weekends. We dont want to devote lots of time and money to the hobby, yet want to produce cool projects and have fun.

That has kept me — for the most part — focused this past year, and I intend to continue as best as I can in the year to come.

Some things I would like to see happen in 2011:


  1. I want to make a concerted effort to try to respond to all my email. I really feel awful when you guys send me a note and I let it drop down deep into my inbox. Its bad form, and I am going to try hard to improve.
  2. I want to try to Tweet and Facebook more. I am still trying to get a grasp on social networking and want to, well, get more connected to you all.
  3. Id like to get more of you involved in Mere Mortals. I think its pretty cool when people send me pictures of their projects. If you have completed something you are proud of, send it to me. If you can include a description, or tell us about it, that would be great.
  4. If you have something cool to say, I am totally open to guest bloggers. Maybe an interesting technique youve discovered? Have a strong opinion on something woodworking related? Send me a well-written article and Ill probably post it. 
  5. Let me know what you would like to see on this web site or projects you would like to see me attempt. Remember: keep it simple. We are all just mere mortals in my workshop.

So thanks for supporting this site, guys. And lets make 2011 a great year!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment