Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY Herringbone Chevron Rug Delta Touch2O

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

Over the weekend we painted the Danny Seo jute Runner that I picked up at TJ Maxx the other week. I was inspired by Serena & Lilys Feather rug, a mix of chevron and herringbone patterns.

I was ambivalent to paint it because of the rise in the jute; however, using 3M painters tape hard to stick surfaces (the green one) it worked great!


We measure and centered the two vertical vertical lines, to lay out the rest we used a piece of paper with two dots, so that the distance was equal. As we went, we pushed the tape down into the crevices so that the tape would have good adhesion. 


I used SW Overjoy and SW Loyal Blue, left over from the console table in the bedroom and the Moroccan rug to mix a teal. 


I painted the larger areas and David filled in the hard to reach spots with a small brush. The key to getting clean lines with tape or a stencil is to use a thin layer of paint, especially near the edge. 

It took about an hour to lay out the tape and an afternoon to paint.


Once done, I removed the tape and admired the clean lines (I was a little nervous up until this point!) 


I decided to put it in the kitchen underneath the sink and dishwasher. It is nice to have something break up the matching cabinets and floor!


You may also notice our new Delta Touch20 Faucet, which I got to try out after attending Deltas blogger event in June. Yes, we may be crazy for installing it since it is a rental, but I couldnt help myself ... I just had to try out the touch on and off feature. Plus it was super easy to install, so not too much time invested in that, I imagine it should be easy to take out too (its definitely coming with us!) 

It took a few days to get used to the touch feature after using a normal kitchen faucet, but a few days later it was second nature ... I hope I never have to go back! David even says to me every so often that he really likes it! 


Annabelle seems to like the rug ... or maybe she is just asking me for a treat? (they are next to the sink)


This is my first Danny Seo product, and Ill definitely be on the lookout for more! The rug is beautiful, thick and well made! 


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment