Thursday, February 6, 2014

Overcoming Lifes Little Irritants And Making Bigger Ones In The Process

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

My ever beautiful, vivacious, kind, loving, but completely irrational wife insisted on “anything but an iPhone” when it came time to update her cell phone recently. This is probably due to my actions, more than hers.

Come on. Be honest with me. How many of you, while involved in something your really into, have either turned off your cell phone’s ringer, or turned the phone off completely? Then, when questioned by your wives why you didn’t pick up the phone when she called, you have answered with; “Gosh, it didn’t ring the whole time I was there. It must have been a bad signal”?

I used that con so many times, my wife believe the iPhones are crap. They are, of course, but don’t tell the members of the Apple cult that or you will be taking your life into your own hands.

So I bought my wife a Blackberry Tour.

If I were “joe-executive”, I would buy a Blackberry in a minute. Hands down, it is probably the fastest, most reliable cell phone out there that is configured and formatted with the businessman in mind. But I’m not joe-exec, so the thing is just a pain in the ass for me, but hey, it’s my wife’s phone so I don’t really care. Hers or not, it did presented me with a dilemma.

I started to write an explanation of the whys, hows and whatnots of this dilemma, but when I realized that I was typing away on page number 10, I wiped it all out and instead, will give you the abbreviated version.

Blackberry
Bluetooth equipped (as per all cell phones these days)
2007 Ford Fusion
Not Bluetooth equipped - became standard in 2008 (figures)
Pairing
To set up the common frequency between two devices and establish the encryption they will use to attempt to keep the contents of their communication private
Pairing Devices
Available aftermarket ranging from $9 to $1000
Suitability
None
Reason
Mounted by  suction cups larger than my wife’s bra, clasps that scratch the dashboard piece just showing them to each other, or possible positions result in wiring hanging down in front of the driver
Conclusion
Make my own
Result
The following “hands-free” cell phone unit that will mount the phone without damaging the dashboard components and will allow the phone conversation to be heard through the car’s stereo



Material
Walnut
Product used
Griffith Hands-Free Microphone and AUX Cable
Connections
One wire from the phone to the mic, mic plugs into the auxiliary jack on the car’s stereo
Issue
Fusion has auxiliary jack buried in the console glove box
Design
Buried the wires between the phone and the mic in the phone’s mount pad, installed the mic in a tower beside the phone, allow the pad to swivel and make everything robust enough to take my wife’s abuse
Time
3-hours per day over a 4-day period
Last procedure
Drilled pad for swivel mount
Procedures remaining
None
Reason
Drilled through the damned buried wiring!!!
Results
None - its pure junk now!!!


Peace,

Mitchell



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment