Monday, February 10, 2014

The Move Next Steps

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

Well, its a new year, with a new house, closer to the family which has been great, all, or most, of the curtain rods and blinds are hung, so now it is time to get serious about setting up the shop in its new location. This house has a very large basement, but I chose the corner with the one window in the foundation. The builder insulated the walls that are above and a few feet below grade, and I am surprised how comfortable it is even when we were in the low teens last week.

As you can see, I have "roughed in" some lights to get an idea of where I want those, and the builder was generous enough to add one, count em, one 110v outlet box on the unfinished side of the stair well wall.  Later today, I have my cousin who is a retired electrician coming over to layout the electric service (he will do anything for beer). I debated as to whether I should frame in the walls first, finish the ceiling, or just get this unpacked, set-up, and get back to using the shop. I chose the latter, and there isnt that much stuff to move around should I choose to do so later on.

The two benches  are temporary in that they will be replaced with the Benchcrafted Shaker Bench which is the first project intend to build.

When I started packing in mid-December, I was amazed as to how much "stuff" I had in the shop in Tennessee. I am even more amazed now that I have to unpack it all and figure out what to do with it in a new configuration, but that is part of the fun (I guess). I will post more as progress is made.

Its good to be home.

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment